Couples’ Counselling can help you both gain insight into what is not working and why. I can help you understand the dynamics of your relationship and pinpoint areas of conflict.
We will begin by taking a history of you as a couple. Together we will identify your “hot” issues and personal goals.
In the assessment we will explore what initially attracted you to your partner and what still keeps you together.
Both of you will be encouraged to be accountable and to examine what you might need to do differently to improve the present situation.
We will explore, in a non threatening manner, what you each need and desire in your relationship.
We will identify the present obstacles and then devise a plan to create your new, improved relationship.
You may also be having communication issues or an imbalance of power that needs to be addressed.
“Homework” may involve a date night and a “working date” to address your issues utilizing improved conflict resolution and communication skills.
If you have been struggling with any of the above issues or require assistance restoring trust and intimacy, contact me.
Types of Counselling
- Couples Counselling
- Mental Health
- Grief & Loss
Benefits of Counselling
- Confidential, individualized approach
- Provides a sense of relief and hope
- Opportunity to be heard and supported
- Free of judgement or criticism
- Provides direction, empowerment
- Client Centered & Solution Focused Therapy
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Re-processing)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy