You may be struggling to return to your “normal” self following a traumatic event, whether minor or catastrophic; or you may continue to be haunted by a past event.
If so, the goals of trauma resolution may include:
- Helping you restore a sense of safety and control,
- Guiding you through processing the emotional fallout
- Learning strategies to better cope with and manage the persistent discomfort of anxiety and hyper vigilance etc.
We may use various trauma techniques such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (E.M.D.R.) to reach the ultimate goal of incorporating the trauma as part of your “history” rather than part of your present life.
Additionally, counselling can also assist in identifying your strengths and the traumatic growth achieved post incident(s).
Contact me for help in confronting the incident, dealing with its aftermath and facilitating your journey to recovery.
Types of Counselling
- Couples Counselling
- Mental Health
- Grief & Loss
Benefits of Counselling
- Confidential, individualized approach
- Provides a sense of relief and hope
- Opportunity to be heard and supported
- Free of judgement or criticism
- Provides direction, empowerment
- Client Centered & Solution Focused Therapy
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Re-processing)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy